- Our church is now open each day from 9.30am until 4.00pm. Come in and light a candle, say a prayer, or enjoy the peace and tranquillity.
- Congratulations to our Vicar John who will celebrate the 25th anniversary of his ordination as a priest. We will mark the occasion with afternoon tea in the Masonic Hall on the 22nd of June at 4pm.
- Messy Church will be included in the events on Sunday 22nd June. "More
- Coffee Morning - Held every every Thursday in the vestry from 10am until noon.
- Craft and Chatter Groups are held in the vestry every other Wednesday (3rd and 17th of June) between 1pm and 4pm (drop in and out as you please). Bring your own craft work and enjoy a chat with others while you do it.
- Mothers' Union will be meeting on the 22nd of June at 2pm in St Melyd Hall when Revd. Alexier Mayes will talk about her early years in the Ministry.
- Discussion groups are held Wednesday afternoons in The Miners' Arms.
- Our annual Garden Fete will take place at Meliden Vicarage, Ffordd Penrhwylfa, on Saturday 13th June at 2pm. Admission is 50p for adults and 20p for children. Come and enjoy a range of stalls, entertainment and refreshments. We will draw a raffle with great prizes, tickets for which can be obtained in advance through church members or at Meliden Post Office. Please note there is no parking at the Vicarage. (If the day is wet the event will be held in Meliden Community Centre)
There has been a Parish Church in Meliden for centuries. Here people have come to worship God and to learn to follow the Christian way.
The Church is also the centre of the community where people come for baptisms, weddings and funerals. On these occasions we speak to God who loves us, judges us, forgives us, strengthens us and finally welcomes us home. The Church provides worship which has warmth and friendliness and also that formality and dignity which speak of truths that do not change in a changing world.
We invite you to join us.
Services & Events
8.00am Holy Communion (said)
9.00am Golfer's Service (2nd Sunday in the month)
11.15am Holy Communion (1st, 3rd, 5th Sunday)
Morning Worship (2nd and 4th Sunday)
6.00pm Evening Prayer (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th Sunday)
Holy Communion (4th Sunday)
11.00am Holy Communion
Children are welcome at any Service.
Children's Church takes place during every 11.15am Service except when it is a Family Service.
At the back of the Church there is an area suitably fitted out with things to interest young children.
Who's Who in the Parish
The Vicar of Meliden is:
The Rev'd John Harvey
Telephone 01745 856220
Mr Peter Tyrer (Vicar's Warden)
Mrs Kay Hemsley (People's Warden)
Parish Secretary & Clerk to the Vestry
Mrs Sue Rees
The Mothers' Union meet on the fourth Monday of most months at 2.00pm either in the Church or in St Melyd's Hall.
Branch Leader: Mrs Janet Rees
The Church Choir meets to rehearse each Thursday at 6.00pm
To arrange Marriages and Holy Baptisms and to discuss other non-urgent pastoral matters please contact the Vicar for an appointment.
|The Parish of Meliden is a part of the Deanery of St Asaph in the Diocese of St Asaph. Click on the picture below to link to the Web Site of the Deanery.