- Our church is now open each day from 9.30am until 4.00pm. Come in and light a candle, say a prayer, or enjoy the peace and tranquility.
- A Lent Group continues to meet in the Miners' Arms at 2pm each Wednesday on the theme "Love Life:Living the Gospel of Love".
- Messy Church will be on Sunday 27th March in April Community Centre at 3pm. "More"
- Coffee Morning - Held every Thursday in the Vestry 10:00am to 12:00am.
- Maundy Thursday - There will be a meal and Holy Eucharist in Gwaenysgor Village Hall at 6pm.
- Good Friday - A service will be held at 1.45pm in St Melyd's on the 18th of April.
- A short service will be held in church at 9.30am on Saturday the 19th of April.
- Easter Day services will begin with a united service on Gwaenysgor Hillside at 7.00am followed by the usual services during the day. There will be an Easter Treasure Hunt for children starting at 12.30pm by the lych gate. £1 entry per child.
- Mothers' Union will meet at 2pm in St Melyd Hall on the 28th of April when Debbie Broom will be talking about Living With Cancer. Her Grandson Connah has been fighting Neuroblastoma for many years. New members are always welcome.
- Our Annual Vestry Meeting will be held in church on the 29th of April at 7.30pm.
There has been a Parish Church in Meliden for centuries. Here people have come to worship God and to learn to follow the Christian way.
The Church is also the centre of the community where people come for baptisms, weddings and funerals. On these occasions we speak to God who loves us, judges us, forgives us, strengthens us and finally welcomes us home. The Church provides worship which has warmth and friendliness and also that formality and dignity which speak of truths that do not change in a changing world.
We invite you to join us.
Services & Events
8.00am Holy Communion (said)
9.00am Golfer's Service (2nd Sunday in the month)
11.15am Holy Communion (1st, 3rd, 5th Sunday)
Morning Worship (2nd and 4th Sunday)
6.00pm Evening Prayer (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th Sunday)
Holy Communion (4th Sunday)
11.00am Holy Communion
Children are welcome at any Service.
Children's Church takes place during every 11.15am Service except when it is a Family Service.
At the back of the Church there is an area suitably fitted out with things to interest young children.
Who's Who in the Parish
The Vicar of Meliden is:
The Rev'd John Harvey
Telephone 01745 856220
Mr Peter Tyrer (Vicar's Warden)
Mrs Jean Hughes (People's Warden)
Parish Secretary & Clerk to the Vestry
Mrs Sue Rees
The Mothers' Union meet on the fourth Monday of most months at 2.00pm either in the Church or in St Melyd's Hall.
Branch Leader: Mrs Janet Rees
The Church Choir meets to rehearse each Thursday at 6.00pm
To arrange Marriages and Holy Baptisms and to discuss other non-urgent pastoral matters please contact the Vicar for an appointment.
|The Parish of Meliden is a part of the Deanery of St Asaph in the Diocese of St Asaph. Click on the picture below to link to the Web Site of the Deanery.