- Our church is now open each day from 9.30am until 4.00pm. Come in and light a candle, say a prayer, or enjoy the peace and tranquillity.
- Messy Church will be on Sunday 22nd March at 3.00pm in Church. "More
- Coffee Morning - Held every every Thursday in the vestry from 10am until noon.
- Craft and Chatter Groups are held in the vestry every other Wednesday (11th and 25th of March) between 1pm and 4pm (drop in and out as you please). Bring your own craft work and enjoy a chat with others while you do it.
- Mothers' Union will be holding a Devotional Service at 2pm on Monday 23rd March in St Mary Magdalene's Church, Gwaenysgor.
- Discussion groups have stopped for a few weeks.
- Over Easter the following additional services will be held in St Melyd's Church: Good Friday Liturgy at 1.45pm Saturday Morning Worship at 10.00am
- Members will also join in the following: Maundy Thursday Supper and Holy Eucharist in Gwaenysgor Village Hall at 6pm Good Friday Cytun Ecumenical Service in Prestatyn at 12 noon Easter Sunday Cytun Ecumenical Sunrise Service at Gwaenysgor Hillside Viewpoint at 7.00am.
- Family Easter - Come and decorate an egg and learn more about Easter from 12.45 to 1.15pm on Easter Day in St Melyd's Church.
There has been a Parish Church in Meliden for centuries. Here people have come to worship God and to learn to follow the Christian way.
The Church is also the centre of the community where people come for baptisms, weddings and funerals. On these occasions we speak to God who loves us, judges us, forgives us, strengthens us and finally welcomes us home. The Church provides worship which has warmth and friendliness and also that formality and dignity which speak of truths that do not change in a changing world.
We invite you to join us.
Services & Events
8.00am Holy Communion (said)
9.00am Golfer's Service (2nd Sunday in the month)
11.15am Holy Communion (1st, 3rd, 5th Sunday)
Morning Worship (2nd and 4th Sunday)
6.00pm Evening Prayer (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th Sunday)
Holy Communion (4th Sunday)
11.00am Holy Communion
Children are welcome at any Service.
Children's Church takes place during every 11.15am Service except when it is a Family Service.
At the back of the Church there is an area suitably fitted out with things to interest young children.
Who's Who in the Parish
The Vicar of Meliden is:
The Rev'd John Harvey
Telephone 01745 856220
Mr Peter Tyrer (Vicar's Warden)
Mrs Kay Hemsley (People's Warden)
Parish Secretary & Clerk to the Vestry
Mrs Sue Rees
The Mothers' Union meet on the fourth Monday of most months at 2.00pm either in the Church or in St Melyd's Hall.
Branch Leader: Mrs Janet Rees
The Church Choir meets to rehearse each Thursday at 6.00pm
To arrange Marriages and Holy Baptisms and to discuss other non-urgent pastoral matters please contact the Vicar for an appointment.
|The Parish of Meliden is a part of the Deanery of St Asaph in the Diocese of St Asaph. Click on the picture below to link to the Web Site of the Deanery.